Saturday, March 31, 2012

Compersion in reverse??

Compersion is the feeling of happiness you get when your partner is happy with another lover.  It's a warm fuzzy moment in which you find warmth in the things other people do to bring your partner joy.  

I don't know what to call it when someone makes your partner sad.  It crushes me.  It makes me angry.  How can someone be so fickle?  Or so uncaring?  

When I don't hear from you because another partner is upsetting you, I get worried.  I don't mind if you're on a date and having a blast, but if the last thing I hear is that you're upset, and then you disappear, I start to get sad, and I begin to think you are shutting me out.  Not because you don't love me, but because you are shutting the world out.  

That's not a good place.  I hope you're okay.  I'll be here, by the phone, when you're ready.  I'll be here, with a hug and a snuggle, to brighten your world and make it okay.  


No comments:

Post a Comment