Saturday, March 17, 2012

House of Cards

Just when you think it's all okay... it's not.

Husband needs a name... I think we'll call him the Mister.  He is struggling, not with poly, but with aspects of his personality that really do need addressing.  He is really struggling, and I am finding it hard to be the good wife.  I know that my job is to listen, and support, and point him in the right direction.  But the right direction is therapy, and lots of talking, and I just don't have the head space for it right now.

I really suck at being supportive.

The Mister loves me.  He knows that this change in our lives isn't going to be undone.  His problems are going to affect it in ways we can't begin to fathom yet.  And we have to work through it.  That doesn't stop him from being hurt when I'm out with the Libertine or the Prime (yes, both men have graduated to names now - more coming on them soon).  It doesn't stop him from wishing my calendar didn't fill up with other men so quickly.

I must make a conscious effort to create time to make him feel loved.  I need to help him, to be his rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment