Thursday, April 19, 2012

Games We Play

I like to play games.  Not emotionally, but literally.  Each of my boys, we have a game.  With each one, it's a different thing, but the point is the same: keep learning about each other, keep surprising each other, and keep in touch often.

With the Mister, the game is usually child related - who can get the kids to do the funniest/smartest/awesomest thing while the other is away working.  On Tuesday the Mister texted me to let me know that Monkey #1 was pretending to be a transformer, complete with sound effects.  He is an Autobot, obviously.  Conversely, I got to inform the Mister when Monkey #2 started saying "car" and "show" (that's what he calls Netflix).  We're in a friendly battle of witnessing awesome kid stuff.  After being married for 5 years, there's not a lot left to learn about each other, so this kind of game becomes fun in that we are trying to one-up each other.

With the Prime, the game is much more one-sided.  He likes to give me a challenge to take a photo of myself and send it to him.  Sometimes they're salacious, sometimes they're not, but they all come with a 24 hour time limit.  I don't photo challenge him back, but I will frequently not take the photo, or send him a completely unrequested photo just to see what he'll do.  Our relationship is heavy on the kinky side, so this game can (and does) have some wicked fun consequences.  I can be such a brat.

The Libertine and I engage in a much more intellectual game - we take turns asking each other questions.  I'm not really sure how the game started, but we've been playing it almost since the day we first started chatting.  Questions range from "Who is your favorite Muppet?" to "What's your least favorite sexual act?"  There are no boundaries, nothing is off limits, and as of yet neither of us has refused to answer a question.

I hope that I'm not the only person out there that does this kind of thing.  It's a great way to maintain contact with a partner even if you can't see them for an extended period of time.  It's also a great way to keep things lively between you if you've been together a long time.  Besides, what's the point of dating if you can't fuck with your partner from time to time?

No comments:

Post a Comment