Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Snapshot of a Day

Well, I missed a day of NaBloPoMo.  Do I get a pass if that missed day was due to an extremely sick toddler?  The Mister took the Mongoose in to the pediatrician yesterday where they did a breathing treatment and prescribed an inhaler every 4 hours and a liquid steroid to help clear his airways.

On the way home the Libertine and I had to stop at the pharmacy for his medicines, which involved a very long line and a lot of whining on my part.  I dislike the pharmacy, and lines.  Once I figured out the new "express pickup" feature at Walgreens, though, I was much less whiny.

By the time we administered an inhaler treatment to a very upset Mongoose, fought with the Monkey about bath and bedtime, and got them both tucked in, I was done for the day.  I snuggled up on the couch with the Mister and the Libertine and watched some science channel before we all passed out before 9pm.

Aren't we a blast?  This is pretty much what every day is like for us, more or less.  We are an extremely normal family, we just happen to have more than two adults in love.  Just because we aren't "mainstream" doesn't mean that our day to day lives are any different from the rest of suburbia.

Although I'm totally NOT a soccer mom.   

No comments:

Post a Comment