Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Bloggess, Sherlock, and Me

The other morning I woke abruptly, shook the Libertine awake, and exclaimed, "You will not believe the dream I just had!"

In my dream, I was best friends with the Bloggess, and she was just as awesome in real life as she is on the internet.  She and I were going a movie or TV premiere party together.  I don't know why she chose me over her husband as a date, but it was a wicked fun time.

She had appeared in the movie or TV show in a scene with Benedict Cumberbatch, he of Sherlock fame.  When it came time for the screening, she headed for the bathroom, leaving me seated next to Benedict all by myself.

Squeeeeeeeeee.

Trying to make idle conversation, I asked him what he thought of the Bloggess.  He, assuming that I was asking if he was interested in her romantically, responded "She is a little chubby for my taste.  You, on the other hand..." He looked me up and down. "Women make you make me doze off, I'm so bored."

You guys, Benedict Cumberbatch is an asshole.

(Disclaimer:  I don't know if he is an asshole.  He could be a totally sweet guy.  Or an asshole.  I don't know.  But in my dream?  ASSHOLE.)

No comments:

Post a Comment